After several years on the 'Net, a person starts to get some pretty strange messages showing up in e-mail. When you do lots of computer-related stuff as I do, and people think of you as a source of information, this strangeness gets multiplied by a rather large factor.
Just for the record, I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling; an occasional typo doesn't bother me, but people who write like English is their fifth language when they grew up in the US and went to school here really annoy me. And for Christ's sakes, it's not that hard to spell "pickle" correctly.
Why "Pickled People?" Because pickling involves soaking cucumbers in acid, and my comments spare no aciditiy themselves. These people brought their public skewering upon themselves with their ineptitude.
All e-mail correspondence posted here is copyrighted to the original sender; I am posting and quoting it under the fair use of criticism and/or parody. If you're here, you deserve it. Enjoy your infamy. Now fuck off and leave me alone.
- Strait Gate Ministries - their spamming has gone waaaaaaay too far. I'm through with this crap, and I'm making this complaint public for entertainment purposes.
- Robert Wheeler - tells me, in clear...er, not-so-clear terms, that he has a master's degree and by golly, I better listen to him. UPDATED 27 December 2003!Now with 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance of vituperative ranting, courtesy of the esteemed Mr Wheeler!
- "Dilpickle100@aol.com" - very apologetic when he suddenly realises that English really is his first language.
- "Abahng@aol.com" - Writes English, speaks English, but doesn't appear to understand it AT ALL. (Caution: strong language ahead.)
- "Cliff Knopik (cliff@[removed].com)" - wants me to link to his site, but doesn't want to explain why.
- "Ozzie Morales (email@example.com and DBZOZZ@aol.com)" - really needs to steal a copy of PowerPoint 9.0.
- "Nick Akey (firstname.lastname@example.org)" - pathetic, insecure, pimply-faced highschooler worries about his college girl cheating on him.
- EKEEN06@comcast.net - obviously doesn't get the whole "'Mac' is short for 'Macintosh computer'" thing.
- "Jim" - not stupid. Actually quite smart. It's here because it's funny and I didn't have anywhere else to put it. Apologies to Jim for the company I'm forcing you to keep *grin*...